20110806

Female Bearded Tit / Reedling (Panurus biarmicus)

I waited at least an hour for a shot at a Bearded Tit, fully expecting that if I saw any it would be a male with its distinctive moustache. Instead, this beautiful female posed for me on a reed stem, her sandy plumage glimmering in the sunshine and then more muted when a cloud passed over. Well worth the wait…


Canon 1Ds MkII, Canon 100-400mm IS USM lens, 1/1,1000th sec, f/5.6, 400mm at ISO 400


Canon 1Ds MkII, Canon 100-400mm IS USM lens, 1/1,1000th sec, f/5.6, 400mm at ISO 400

5 comments:

  1. As you say Tim, worth the wait and I think it may be a juvenile on the lookout for a feed - great shot of a shy species.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite. Definitely worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular photo's Tim. Patience nearly always pays off mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect images Tim.
    You are so lucky to see this bird.
    Another bird I have not seen yet.

    ReplyDelete