20120201

Geese at Sunset

I spent an hour or so on the coast this evening, with little showing for the camera except a very obliging Herring Gull (that image to follow later). Apart from that, I pretty much struck out and was heading home disappointed when this skein of geese flew over. I'm poor on my geese identification at the best of times, but when they're in silhouette I'm hopeless. I believe, however, they were Greylags. In any case, they made for a winning shot that saved the photographic outing.

Canon 1Ds MkII, Canon 100-400mm IS USM lens, 1/1,000th sec, f/5.6, 400mm at ISO 400



6 comments:

  1. You couldn't have planned that better - look at the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot Tim, there is something special about a nice photo in silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background sky colour really makes this; top shot! I had a skein of Greylags fly over here at the weekend, but the sky was whitish, so shots were dull. Guess I could fabricate something in Photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! A shot like that definitely makes the day.

    ReplyDelete