20160318

Here comes summer

Who's looking forward to summer? I know I am. Long days spent in the company of nature trying to capture in some small way everyday miracles such as the act of pollination being performed last summer by this honey bee. For much of last year I found myself looking for the bigger picture by concentrating on the very small. I increasingly found myself drawn to macro photography – not the forensic detail of hyper close-ups (as fascinating as they are), but close enough to see more than is possible with the naked eye, as with the compound eyes in the second and third pictures.

Canon 1DS MkIII, Canon 100mm macro IS L lens, 1/250th sec, f/6.3, ISO 800, focal length 100mm
Canon 1DS MkIII, Canon 100mm macro IS L lens, 1/250th sec, f/6.3, ISO 800, focal length 100mm
Canon 1DS MkIII, Canon 100mm macro IS L lens, 1/250th sec, f/6.3, ISO 800, focal length 100mm

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant macro shots Tim,love the detail on your last shot.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the iridescence on the wings.

    ReplyDelete