20130322

Bearded Reedling

I may just be obsessed with the late arrival of spring (this is not helped by the fact that we have run out of heating oil and the house is freezing), but this Bearded Reedling looks as if he, too, is fed up with waiting for warmer temperatures and an end to the unseasonal gloom. Don't you just adore the crestfallen, grumpy appearance lent by the distinctive black 'moustache'? There is something of the plump Edwardian gentleman about this handsome bird.

Canon 1Ds MkII, Canon 100-400mm IS L lens, 1/500th sec, f/5.6, 400mm at IDO 400

3 comments:

  1. I think I know how he feels! What is the weather like at your end Tim? It is just icily windy here, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2ºC but it feels like -6º with a bitterly cold easterly blowing in over the North Sea. At least the forecast of heavy snow has been downgraded to light flurries. I really don't remember such a long winter, do you? – Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I do - 1962/63 before I left Wales, we dug tunnels between streets...

    ReplyDelete