20110314

Blue Tits

Photographing garden birds is my default mode; it's what I do whenever the chance presents itself and more complicated or involved shooting is not a possibility. If I get a spare 15 minutes from work in the office, I take my camera into the garden and see what's around. If I'm at my desk and notice the light has changed, I do the same. These shots were all taken within 30 minutes or so, when the sun was just starting to dip over the horizon and a beautiful pale glow was being cast over the garden. Just humble, common or garden Blue Tits, but no less captivating for that.

All Canon 1Ds MkII, 1/60-1/125 sec, f/8, 400mm at ISO 400







2 comments:

  1. These guys are definitely the stars in my garden ... already pecking inside one the nest boxes.

    Tim, I'm a little surprised to see plastic netting around the fatballs. Are you aware that the birds can get their feet caught up in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thanks for the note about the netting. I confess I thought it was needed to stop the balls crumbling. Thanks for the pointer – Tim

    ReplyDelete